Sound Studio version 2.0
This update to version 1 is
currently under development.
New/ Redesigned Features:
- More flexible design. You can now have multiple edit
sessions open, simultaneously with tracks and mixes.
- New Edit features such as the ability to create
- New mix features: You can now record level settings
as a time sequence, so that levels can change during a
- More control over latency. You can now set
playback/mix latency for individual tracks so as to
correct for recorded latency and set playback buffer
- More flexible playlist. Add tracks, files being
edited, and mixes to the playlist and play them together.
- Faster and efficient filters and effects. Filters and
certain effects in version 1.x were implemented in the
"frequency domain". This approach required multiple
frequency decompositions of the data and was very time
consuming. All filters and effects that were implemented
in this manner are now implemented in the"time domain"
where a filter is constructed initially and then applied
directly to the data. This takes only a few seconds in